Saturday 4 June 2011

more from FOM Festival, Manchester 2011







Twisted Wheel interview with Live4Ever.uk.com @ FOM Festival

Great set! You lads like playing the festivals?
Yeah, we like playing anywhere really, festivals, clubs whatever. We’ve been playing at weekends mostly, and in the week working in the studio putting the next album together. The next tour will be all the big cities and that but we’ll always play where other bands won’t play and where people want us to play.
How’s the album going? What’s it going to sound like?
I love that sound on some of them 50s and 60s rock ‘n’ roll tunes like Chuck Berry and old Sun records, the vocal on them, so going for something like that, but i’ts the same with the punk records from ’77-’79 and the sound they had. It’s just us mixing those things we really like, I just want it to sound mint, you know what I mean, we’ll be looking to release it September time hopefully.
Anyone on the bill you’ll be checking at today?
Where’s Strutter? – they’re mates from Mosley and live near us. I met Lee at footie and Paddy at school, they’re a great band and have really put the work in playing gigs and building up a name, getting their sound right and that, I love ‘em and think they’re ace.
I’ve been asking some of the Manchester bands today about the football, who supports who in Twisted Wheel?
Eoghan Clifford: Me and him (Stephen Evans) are worst for it; he’s a City Fan and I’m Utd. When City beat us in the F.A cup semi-final straight after the game my phone starts ringing and it’s him – any other City fan would have been dancing round the house, but the first thing he does is ring me up, that was his way of celebrating the derby – by giving my loads.

No comments: