Friday 10 July 2009

Rick Lee's Top Ten songs (Manchester Confidential.Com)

The Twisted Wheel bassist tells Manchester Confidential.com what music he goes mad to

What types of music do you like? I like pretty much all styles other than R'n'B, although it's predominantly guitar music. When I was growing up it was Oasis that got me into music so I started from there and worked my way backwards. Sometimes it's great to go mad to some Sex Pistols/Stooges and other times I sit back and admire the song smithery of Billy Bragg and The La's. For me personally, the Sixties and Seventies are where it's at mostly. What's the song that means the most to you and why? I like songs that sound like they've been put together in five minutes, masterpieces that have still got that raw energetic feeling. So it's 'A New England' by Billy Bragg. The words are amazing, and the guitar fits perfectly underneath, sort of like he's got two voices complimenting each other. He's not the most naturally gifted singer either but that to me is why it's so good, because you can tell he really means it.

What's your top ten favourite tunes? 1.'A New England' by Billy Bragg 2.'Slide Away' by Oasis 3.'How Does it Feel to Feel?' by The Creation 4.'I Can't Sleep' by The La's 5.'Problems' by Sex Pistols 6.'Dry The Rain' by The Beta Band 7.'Boredom' by Buzzcocks 8.'Quicksand' by David Bowie 9.'Penetration' by Iggy and The Stooges 10.'Long Shadow' by Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros http://www.manchesterconfidential.com/index.asp?Sessionx=IpqiNw7pNwXjIDy6IHqjNwB6IA

No comments: